Tuesday, 2 February 2010

Apologetics: Lectures by Dr Os Guinness

A website link to:
Lectures on Apologetics by Dr Os Guinness

While doing a menial job, I'm listening to Os Guiness'  first lecture.  What a challenge to pause and  have a good look at our personal contacts and their particular worlds.

Such an array of world-views and presuppositions and hobbies and lifestyles and religions and circumstances our family and friends represent!

And....how do we communicate the very good news of Jesus to our "contacts" in their particular worlds?  How do we reach people where they are?

For example: do I zap off the same email or  facebook note to everyone?
It depends....

Jesus always amazes me:  to the rich young ruler He says:  "sell all your things".  To Zaccheus:  "I'm coming to your house" -etc etc.

Oh that just reminds me to send these audio lectures by Dr Os Guinnesss to a selection of those in my little sphere.  And maybe you will do the same.

By the way, the link should take you to 3 of  4 of  Os Guiness' lectures - as well as the "bethinking" website.  I will be on the look-out for the 4th lecture and post it then.